The £27 million Innovation Fund is focussed on backing scalable, innovative businesses throughout County Durham, Tyne & Wear and Northumberland.Get in touch
The Fund can back pre-start or existing businesses with venture capital investments of between £20,000 and £500,000.
We’re looking for innovative founders, strong teams and scalable ideas, and we’re open to all sectors.
We have a team of investment managers from diverse backgrounds, who can help with their experience and expertise.
We don’t like to complicate things so first thing is to get in touch for a chat, perhaps over a cuppa, so we can find out more about you and your business.
Innovation can be many things and we don’t want to miss any opportunities, but essentially we’re looking for something that’s different in some way. It could be that you’re developing a brand new product, or you may want to launch into a new market, or you are improving on an existing service. But if you feel what you’re doing is innovative in any way we’re interested.
We already work with entrepreneurs doing great things in a range of areas like digital technology, life sciences, energy, and manufacturing but what they have in common is innovation. We are open to ideas and businesses from any sector.
We’re looking for:
• ambitious entrepreneurs
• market-focused business ideas
• deep sector knowledge
• global vision and ambition
• scalable businesses.
It’s useful for you to think about:
• What is the problem you are solving?
• How big is the opportunity?
• What is different about your business and why is this an advantage?
• Is there any defensible intellectual property in your product or service?
• Who are your main competitors?
• How will your business make money?
• How will the investment be spent?
• Have you had any previous investment?
• What progress have you made so far?
• What are the basic business financials?